Rift Valley Corporation at a Glance
Rift Valley Corporation (RVC), the parent company of Rift Valley Energy, is one of the leading agricultural investors in South-Eastern Africa, operating in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Tanzania (www.riftvalley.com). The business is managed under six platforms:
1) Tobacco: The Group is Zimbabwe’s largest tobacco producer and processor by an exclusive arrangement with BAT as well as having a controlling stake in the largest tobacco production facility in the country.
2) Tea: The Group is the largest producer of tea in Tanzania (MTC) with 2,500 ha planted; this is a stable business with four factories and good cash flow generation. MTC is planning to invest into further 1.000 ha of tea development,
3) Forestry: The Group owns two businesses in forestry, one in Zimbabwe, which is an established forestry business with 20,000ha planted and 50,000ha available, and a second in Mozambique, a green field project with 210,000ha available and 9,000ha planted,
4) Agricultural & Trading: The Group has two contract farming business both recently started, one in Zimbabwe and the other in Mozambique. This platform also has some 30,000 ha of small scale farming operations producing coffee, macadamia nuts, avocados, bananas, market gardening, maize, beans, and coconut oil,
5) Bananas: The Group has completed half of a large-scale banana project in Mozambique where it will invest approximately $100 million in the farm to produce 10 million boxes of bananas per year (125-150 containers a week) exporting into Japan, Europe, and the Middle East.
Pictures of selected RVC operations
HARVESTED COCONUTS FOR OIL PRODUCTION AT MADAL
HI QUALITY COFFEE LAYED OUT FOR DRYING AT CHIPINGE FARM
BANANA SEEDLINGS AT MONAPO FARM
IRRIGATED TEA FRAM AT KIBENA
MUFINDI TEA AND COFFEE COMPANY
ORANGE JUICE-CONCENTRATE PLANT BREITBRIDGE JUICING
FOREST REPLANTATION FLORESTAS DE NIASSA